Hulk Hogan on the comeback trail?
Hulk Hogan’s daughter Brooke told The Hollywood Reporter her father was “humanized” in defeating Gawker Media for a $140 million judgment in an invasion of privacy lawsuit last year.
“It was very tough on him. It was very sad to see him so screwed up because I know none of us are perfect,” Hogan told The Hollywood Reporter by phone.
Hogan sued the Gawker over the publication of a 2012 sex tape, initiating four years of a bitter court battle. The Hulkster eventually negotiated a $31 million settlement with Gawker Media’s found Nick Denton.
“My dad persevered, and always took the high road and was accountable, and I respect and honor him for that,” Brooke Hogan said. The WWE Hall of Famer never lost support from his fans because of his positive message, according to his daughter. “But the cool thing is he used his platform for good. He knew he was impacting impressionable minds. So he told young kids to train, say your prayers and eat your vitamins.”
Just as Hogan appeared to be gaining traction in his return to WWE, the company terminated his contract on July 24, 2015. WWE removed him from his advertised post as judge on Tough Enough, removed his memorabilia from their online store and his entry from its Hall of Fame Web site. The move coincided with the publication of an alleged racial rant during a sex tape, which was published by the National Enquirer and Radar Online.
Once the recording went public, Hogan faced immense criticism and scandal, which also resulted in the removal of toys in the Hulkster’s likeness made by Mattel being taken off the shelves off major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Target and Toys “R” Us.
WWE Senior Executive Paul “HHH” Levesque is rumored to be open to Hogan’s return to the fold, but WWE has never officially confirmed a reunion is imminent.
You May Also Like

Block Breaker: The Ultimate Guide to Mastering the Game
March 22, 2025
ユニットハウスのメリットとデメリットを徹底解説
March 20, 2025